We are very excited about being back for outdoor classes starting this Friday.
Please read below for all the details and class schedule.
Our doors will also be open for any retail, camp, membership, payments, and pick-ups. Space will be limited inside so please read the sign at the door before entering.
Commencing: June 11, 2021
Limited Adult, Teen and Youth classes will be offered at the Black Belt Campus of
The Brampton Academy of Martial Arts. (41 Main Street North)
In alignment with, Ontario’s Roadmap to Safely Reopen; these classes will be held in an outdoor facility that we have secured from the City of Brampton. The Nelson Square Parking Garage located directly behind our Dojo, is an outdoor space with a covered area that offers protection from the elements. Some of you may have trained in this structure before as we have used it many times as an extended training space.
For the past several months the upper levels of this structure have been closed to vehicles; this is the area that we will be using for Outdoor Recreational Classes.
In alignment with governing protocols
Classes will be limited to a maximum of NINE STUDENTS plus ONE INSTRUCTOR.
In-person classes will be 40-minutes in length.
Students will have a defined training area to maintain physical distancing guidelines.
There will be NO contact training offered during this phase.
Students will have limited access to the washroom facilities at the Dojo.
Please arrive in your training uniform as there will be no changeroom facilities.
Students who wish to train in ONE of these In-person Outdoor classes will be required to register online in advance. The existing online class schedule will continue to support the remainder of your training program.
- Registration will open on Friday, June 11, 2021, through your Personal AMA Portal. This is where you currently register for online classes. – HERE
- Registration will be on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Students will be allowed to register in One In-person Outdoor Class.
- You will need to access your portal weekly to secure your class and to complete a health deceleration that is necessary prior to your in-person training.
- There will be no in-person makeup classes during this phase.
The existing online training schedule will continue to be supported, offering the bulk of your training, and will be available for make-up classes.
Frequent absence from your registered onsite class may result in your placement being revoked and offered to another student.
We ask all students to prepare for class in advance of arriving at the Dojo with the following items.
- Students will be required to arrive in ready-to-train attire (Gi) since there will be no access to change rooms.
- Running Shoes will be the only acceptable footwear for outdoor training.
- Sunscreen, a hat, and a bottle of water are recommended items to bring to class.
- Please bring a bag or backpack to secure your personal items during these training sessions.
Your AMA Family.