Below is an update on the construction in Downtown Brampton with some road closures to be aware of.
The intersection of Main Street North and Nelson Street West/Theatre Lane will be closed to all traffic. This temporary road closure is expected to occur from 7 a.m. on Monday, November 13, 2023, until as late as 7 p.m. on Friday, November 24, 2023.
- To minimize the duration of the road closure, this work will be continuous, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We will do everything possible to keep overnight noise to a minimum. Efforts will be made to reduce impacts to local residents by restricting the louder construction activities to the daytime.
- A detour route will be clearly marked with road signs. Please see the map below for the detour route.
- Pedestrian access to businesses will be maintained. The intersection will be closed to all traffic and there will be no on-street parking within the construction zone. Emergency vehicles will have access to the area at all times.
- While work is actively taking place, police officers may be posted around the closure area to monitor traffic flow.
- Please expect delays and choose alternate routes.
We apologize for any delays or inconvenience resulting from these traffic impacts.