When it comes to staying fit there is one thing that will allow you to succeed, and that is motivation. If you can stay motivated, you can achieve your fitness goals. At The Academy of Martial Arts (AMA) we have created a 30 Day Fitness
Challenge as the perfect motivational tool to get you started on a path of healthy living.
The AMA challenge started on January 1st for anyone interested in participating. A new exercise will be posted to our Facebook page each day, and it is never too late to get started. You can look at older posts and start exercising today. The workouts are only 10 minutes and are demonstrated at different levels of fitness making it easy for a beginner or a more advanced person to participate. They also offer a work-out log for you to record your efforts.
The beauty of this challenge is that you will have the encouragement you need to stick to your workouts, and at just 10 minutes a day almost everyone will have the time to participate. If you have not been active lately the 10 minute workout will help ease you into a workout regime. You can then increase your activity day by day and challenge yourself to go longer and harder.
Some examples of the workouts you can try include:
• A simple 10 minute walk challenge
• Push-up challenge using your choice of the wall (for beginners) or floor
• Squat challenge with or without weights
Some further tips to stay fit for 2015 include:
• Stand and stretch, touch your toes and take a quick walk around the office every hour
• Take the stairs
• Walk whenever you can instead of driving (which is also good for the environment)
• Take a nice walk on your lunch hour (even if it is just 10 or 20 minutes)
• Get up and walk around or march in place during commercials when watching TV
• If you have more than one bathroom be it at home or work choose the one farthest away
• Learn a new, fun activity like Martial Arts
• Get at least 30 minutes of exercise everyday
You can even email firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to The Academy of Martial Arts’ log. Be sure to track your progress and invite friends to join you in the challenge!